PDA

View Full Version : SPANISH HOME IN PROGRESS

Getupfromashes22
2006-12-14, 07:04 PM
From an already completed first floor plan we had to create a top floor and elevations to match a certain style of architecture. Please help with comments on how to emulate the Spanish style.

Brian Myers
2006-12-25, 05:55 AM
I'm not an expert in this style, but I'd say it's... lacking something. One thing I would suggest is looking at the roofs of a typical Spanish style home. They often have a bit of character at the overhangs or sometimes detail under the eaves. Also, the architecture tends to be a bit more "open" (example, your back "porch" is a bit heavy, perhaps open it up with more arches or less walls, creating a lighter and airier experience.) It may not seem like it, but this architecture is about Light... both shading from it and framing it with views. How do you keep your space cool and also bring light and views in? This architecture does it.

Also upon further inspection, why do you have so many windows leading into the garage? You have some of the widest windows (that seem to differ from the style) next to each other in the garage... you may want to adjust this.