PDA

View Full Version : Door Numbering

sultarc
2006-12-15, 05:39 AM
Is there a way to renumber doors once they are placed? I placed them in no particular order and now I have a hodge podge of door numbers.

whittendesigns
2006-12-15, 05:43 AM
The easiest way I found is to make a door schedule. Edit them on the schedule and they change on the plan.

If I'm not mistaken, when you place your very first door on your plan and renumber it right then and there, the succeeding ones will number themselves accordingly.

SCShell
2006-12-15, 03:12 PM
If I'm not mistaken, when you place your very first door on your plan and renumber it right then and there, the succeeding ones will number themselves accordingly.

Hey there,
This is true only if the other doors have not already been placed. Revit will not "re-number" doors for you after they are placed.

Good luck
Steve

sultarc
2006-12-15, 03:45 PM
And what about scheduling curtainwall doors? They don't get numbered.

UpNorth
2006-12-15, 06:53 PM
One option is to add the "from Room: Number" and "To Room: Number" parameters to the schedule, right next to the door number column. Then you can go down the list - change the door numbers to match the room number (if that is how you do it) and then remove the columns (or create a special schedule for this that does not get placed on a sheet).

FYI: when in the Fields tab, select the "To Room" and "From Room" options at the bottom - Select available fields from.

dgreen.49364
2006-12-15, 07:03 PM
After I place all the doors I go through and renumber them just by clicking on the door tag. Revit starts with number 1. We number our rooms starting with 100 and make the door numbers match the room numbers.

For curtain walls, simply place a tag on the curtain wall door.