PDA

View Full Version : Sprinkler head in sloped ceiling

Michael Coviello
2006-12-15, 05:51 PM
I have a sloped ACT ceiling that i'm trying to put sprinkler heads in but they are not showing up.
I've checked my view range and i think i'm well within the range. any help is greatly appreciated.
thanks.

robert.manna
2006-12-15, 06:27 PM
Is it a ceiling hosted family? Or non-hosted? If it is not hosted, it might be down at the level of the floor. If you don't mind sharing you can upload the family for someone to play with.-R

Michael Coviello
2006-12-15, 07:33 PM
it's listed as a "specialty equipment:sprinkler"
it's the one here
.....\Revit Building 9\Imperial Library\Specialty Equipment\Fire Protection\Sprinkler.rvt
I think it's ceiling hosted generic annotation.

Michael Coviello
2006-12-15, 08:18 PM
Here's is the file........

whittendesigns
2006-12-15, 11:37 PM
I don't see anything in the family at all except the ceiling. No model from what I can tell.

Same with my file, nothing there.

Tobie
2006-12-17, 09:39 PM
You might have to make another sprinkler head family that has the always vertical unchecked. Go to Settings > Family Category and parameters, and uncheck always vertical

Tobie
2006-12-17, 09:52 PM
The sprinkler family had no modeling. I added simple extrusion and now you see all the sprinklers you placed on the sloped ceiling.

Michael Coviello
2006-12-18, 10:32 PM
Thank you. :)
I CHECKED always vertical and it worked. That option was UNCHECKED to begin with.
Maybe the reason is that if the sprinkler head is perpendicular to the view it shows up.
When it was unchecked it wasn't showing up perhaps because it wasn't perpendicular to the view but hosted by the sloped ceiling.