PDA

View Full Version : Project Level relocation

Joef
2004-06-28, 10:19 PM
I apologize in advance for a simple question but I am stumped. I am trying to set up a new project so that the elevations reflect the survey. If I do the "relocate project" command everything moves but the datums still read 0'0.
I decided to run through the tutorial. I can't get past step 2 I cannot select the level so that the level properties appear in the options bar. Only the properties for the level head appear in the options bar. Right clicking and going to properties does not show an elevation base paramater. What am I doing wrong?

Perhaps I should just delete all the levels and create new ones based on the survey. Or lock them all and relocate them. I thought there was a faster way.

Mr Spot
2004-06-28, 10:24 PM
Can't you just go to an elevation and select the level 1 level and change the level 1 height to the desired height?

beegee
2004-06-28, 10:26 PM
I apologize in advance for a simple question but I am stumped. I am trying to set up a new project so that the elevations reflect the survey. If I do the "relocate project" command everything moves but the datums still read 0'0.
I decided to run through the tutorial. I can't get past step 2 I cannot select the level so that the level properties appear in the options bar. Only the properties for the level head appear in the options bar. Right clicking and going to properties does not show an elevation base paramater. What am I doing wrong?

Perhaps I should just delete all the levels and create new ones based on the survey. Or lock them all and relocate them. I thought there was a faster way.
Relocate the project, select one of the levels in an elevation or section. Select properties for the level from the options bar. Select Edit properties. Under the Elevation Base row, select "shared".

Joef
2004-06-28, 10:40 PM
Okay I figured it out. When I selected the level line the options bar reads: Level: 1/4 Head. I was assuming that the properties in the options bar associated with this item would be for the level head not for the level itself. It's kind of confusing if you don't do this all the time. I usually just use the 0'0" datum elevation. Thanks !