PDA

View Full Version : "Invisible" Leader Lines

sonya
2006-12-16, 04:34 AM
Does anyone know a way to make a leader line invisible?
I want to place my room/area tag adjacent to the room/area they are tagging & don't want to see the leader line

Adam Mac
2006-12-16, 06:08 AM
Hi Sonya -

you can actually turn the leader off;

if you select your room tag, then have a look in the area under the pulldowns at the top of the sceen, you will see a "check" box that allows you to either show or not the leader.

HTH

Adam :)

dbaldacchino
2006-12-16, 06:42 AM
I don't think that'll work for what Sonya's asking....if the tag is not within the room bounds, it'll show ?. The only way to have a tag outside the room bounds is to turn the leader on. Unfortunately the line work tool does not work on leaders.

But don't panic, there is a solution :) See the attached file and notice how the room tag is still reading the room info...dare take a guess how this was accomplished? Quite simple....even though the tag looks like it's outside the room, it's actually still inside! The point that needs to be inside a room is the intersection between the reference planes in the tag family, which define the origin. Check it out in the family editor. So just create a tag like this and use it in those conditions.

rjcrowther
2006-12-17, 01:31 AM
Very clever.

LRaiz
2006-12-17, 03:10 AM
It may be clever but is it really a good idea? Except for some special circumstances I suspect that this kind of tag makes drawing less readable. How is a reader expected to understand what tag is tagging when there are many tags of this type in a drawing?

dbaldacchino
2006-12-17, 03:15 AM
I don't think it's a good idea....it's just a solution to a perceived problem. I wouldn't use it, I want to see a leader pointing to the room if the tag is outside the boundary. All I was trying to point out is that if you understand how things work and why, there's a good chance that a solution can be found.

rjcrowther
2006-12-17, 03:19 AM
It may be clever but is it really a good idea? Except for some special circumstances I suspect that this kind of tag makes drawing less readable. How is a reader expected to understand what tag is tagging when there are many tags of this type in a drawing?
In my contract drawing work, there some who do not like these leader lines that Revit produces because they feel the extra lines make the drawing less readable!?

I am not disagreeing with you, just wondering if it is one those subjective things that is part of producing Architectural drawings. Perhaps this is one of those special circumstances? - special becuase if it is not done the boss's way then you do not get paid.