Dave Lewis
2006-12-17, 09:32 PM
I need a few 2d blocks from old projects like a north arrow
so I open an old autocad project in ADT 2006
find the north arrow which is just a simple pline
wblock it out open it and its all good
In revit 9.1 I select import
and I get this error

Some elements were lost during import. ActiveX and some proprietary components cannot be imported. Try exploding the file in AutoCAD, or setting PROXYGRAPHICS to 1.

proxygraphics is set to 1

When I saveas in ADT to a 2000 dxf then it works

What am I missing here?

Scott D Davis
2006-12-17, 11:44 PM
Save (export?...I'm not sure) from ADT as AutoCAD DWG to get rid of all ADT proxy objects. There is some command in ADT to saveas or export to autocad DWG.

Dave Lewis
2006-12-18, 12:17 AM
I was actually using ADT as plain autocad since its an autocad project
So I launched ADT and then there is the export to autocad function
It still does not work
Attached is the files

Scott D Davis
2006-12-18, 01:47 AM
i was able to import the ACAD-North Arrow.dwg straight into a Revit project with no problem. But what you really want to do is to make a new generic annotation family (File>New>Annotation Symbol and pick Generic Annotation.rfa) and then import your DWG into the new family. Center it on the Ref Planes, save with and appropriate name, an then load into your project. You can then place this north arrow family into your project and use it on sheets.

Oh, and also, copy the model space geometery to paperspace in autocad before importing into the family. Your north arrow is huge, too! 3' 2" along the arrow head. You need to scale this down to the size you want it to be on a sheet.

This arrow is very simple....why not just draw it using lines in a revit annotation family? You really don't even need to import it.