PDA

View Full Version : Curb and parking lot question

Dave Lewis
2006-12-18, 12:05 AM
ok if I draw my parking lot as a 4" floor slab and my curbs as 6" high concrete walls how do I turn off the parking lot and curbs in all my building plans and sheets
I understand how to turn off parking striping or plants but if I turn off floors my building floor will disappear also

HawkeyNut
2006-12-18, 03:35 AM
You cannot create sub-groups for walls, and I'm pretty sure not for floors either. That would help you turning one off and not the other. I would suggest not using floors and walls to create a parking lot.

If your site is relatively flat, I would suggest using the slab tool and an in-place sweep for your curbs. If your site is not flat, you can use the split-region tool. Unfortunately you will not be able to create a curb following a complex 3D path...

dhurtubise
2006-12-18, 01:37 PM
Use filter to control wich one you turn off.
Or use Workset

patricks
2006-12-18, 03:27 PM
In the past I have used worksets, with a Site workset for the sidewalks and everything. But now you can use the filter tool to control site floor slab visibility. I also use a slab edge profile for all my curbs and gutters. It makes curb creation extremely quick and easy.

Dave Lewis
2006-12-19, 05:00 AM
pls explain filters
I have no idea how to use them

I don't see the difference between a floor and a slab
they both are called a floor
I first did a floor and changed the family to concrete slab 4"

dhurtubise
2006-12-19, 12:45 PM
Filter are a way to manage objects visibility using a parameter. They are view specific but can be define in multiple view.

Scott D Davis
2006-12-19, 06:21 PM
pls explain filters
I have no idea how to use them

I don't see the difference between a floor and a slab
they both are called a floor
I first did a floor and changed the family to concrete slab 4"
There is no difference between a floor and a slab. They are both made with the floor tools. It is just a name difference.

Dave Lewis
2006-12-20, 06:48 AM
a guy in my office has had me do a toposurface and a sub region to make my parking lot. Its working for now but I still would like to be able to do filters.
Can someone please explain how the filters work.
He did not know.

Scott D Davis
2006-12-20, 05:06 PM
I'm all for using these forums for questions, and we all here do as much as we can to help answer as many questions as possible. But I must say, some questions can easily be answered by using the Help files in Revit. I hit F1, went to the Index tab, typed in Filters, and found a complete explanation on how they work.

In the future, I would respectfully request you first try:

Help in Revit...if that fails, then
Search AUGI forums for similar topics...if that doesn't yield results, then
Post a question on AUGI
Here's the screen capture for your reference