PDA

View Full Version : Stair Schedule...

aliya14
2006-12-19, 05:44 AM
Good day everyone,
I was trying to extract the schedule for stair treads and risers ,I could acheive it thro' material take off but in the quantity it shows some wierd figures.for the stair tread area and riser area.
Could you please tell me what cud be the problem.....
thanx in advance.

Regards,
Aliya

aliya14
2006-12-20, 04:49 AM
Need some help urgently.
Regards,
Aliya

dbaldacchino
2006-12-20, 05:32 AM
Post an example so we can investigate and try help you.

aliya14
2006-12-20, 09:09 AM
Ideally when we want to find material take off for the stair tread area or riser what we do is we need to mutiply the tread depth*stair width *no of risers to get the tread area.
The figure what you acheive in revit is much more than the actual tread area...looks like it is calculating the tread surface area of each and every side of the tread including the tread thickness.
If you take a look at the image attached the tread area is much more then what you get after multiplying tread depth*stair width *no of risers.
Cud you please help me out in resolving this Issue.

Kind Regards,
Aliya

greg.mcdowell
2006-12-20, 02:39 PM
It is calculating all 4 sides... the same thing happens when you do a material takeoff of a glass panel with a thickness. Not what we want but logical in it's own way.

You could, I think, assign a default material to the treads and then use the paint bucket on the tops only in order to calculate the area you're after.

dbaldacchino
2006-12-20, 03:25 PM
It is calculating all 4 sides... the same thing happens when you do a material takeoff of a glass panel with a thickness. Not what we want but logical in it's own way.

You could, I think, assign a default material to the treads and then use the paint bucket on the tops only in order to calculate the area you're after.
Hmmm I tried this recently in 9.1 and it didn't behave like that. I did it with a curtainwall and both types of schedules reported the exact same glazing area, so it didn't calculate each face separately. I'm not sure if what you're stating still applies. I'll have to re-test this and post an example.

greg.mcdowell
2006-12-20, 05:19 PM
It may not... I'm not speaking from experience here but from what I've read on the boards.