PDA

View Full Version : Earth Pattern at 45 degree angle/diagonal?

Baldwin_4-6-0
2006-12-20, 06:29 PM
In Revit:
How do I find or edit the Earth Pattern to be at 45 degree angle or diagonal?

I've tried to edit the .pat file with no success.

Has anyone done this? Do you have the .pat file to send to me?

Can I use autocad patterns?

I'm also looking for the bedrock hatch pattern for Revit.

david.metcalf
2006-12-20, 06:39 PM
To bring you your AutoCAD patterns.....

Solution - To bring other custom patterns from a pattern file into the template or a project, set the pattern file into a folder accessible to users. From either a Revit template of project create a new fill pattern by Selecting Settings>Fill Pattern in the template of project.

Select either pattern type for drafting for section or drafting views or Model for applying to the model components.

Select New button to get another dialog box and select Custom, enter a name for the new pattern and then click import. (Pattern name will import from the Pat file and fill in the name field, Add a prefix for your companies specific patterns.

Perform the above step for each of your required specific pattern to add into the project or default template.

Let me know if I missed anything.
David

Baldwin_4-6-0
2006-12-20, 09:48 PM
still looking for 45 dgree angle Earth Pattern...Anyone have one?

Steve_Stafford
2006-12-20, 10:21 PM
Attached they are...

rjcrowther
2006-12-20, 10:22 PM
You will find one of those at RevitCity.

Could I suggest, further on down the track, you make as an end goal the ability to make your own fill patterns? The user manual has a fairly good description.

As an interim, RevitCity has a lot of patterns to get you started.

Rob

The Sweg
2006-12-21, 12:00 PM
You could also make it a model pattern, and you would then have the ability to rotate the pattern once its in place.

Baldwin_4-6-0
2006-12-21, 03:00 PM
Thanks Steve...

Congrats on all your accomplishments...

Merry Christmas,
John from Beardsley Design

Firmso
2007-08-02, 03:41 AM
You could also make it a model pattern, and you would then have the ability to rotate the pattern once its in place.

I made a custom model pattern but still couldn't find the option to rotate it.
Am I missing something?

TIA

Steve_Stafford
2007-08-02, 03:56 AM
I made a custom model pattern but still couldn't find the option to rotate it.
Am I missing something?TIAModel patterns can be altered in the model itself if you select a segment in the pattern and then use the rotate tool. You can also use move. Check out the attached image for the help section you can review.