PDA

View Full Version : Wall sweeps

johnf.77896
2006-12-20, 09:38 PM
I created a wall to look like a corn crib with 1"x6" on interior and exterior. They are spaced an 1" apart vertically. In elevation and 3d views they show up but the line "projection" is what the walls are and it comes out like a black blob. The only wall sweep option in options is a cornice wall sweep. Why doesnt my wall sweep show up as well. I would like to make the lines for the boards a 1 or 2 lineweight but the only way I can figure it out is to globally change the walls from a 4 projection to a 1 and then all of the walls change which I dont like. Is there a way to do this?

Added a couple of pdf's to show what I am talking about.

John Fleming
GMK Architecture, inc.
www.gmkarch.com

Adam Mac
2006-12-20, 10:38 PM
G'day John -

i'm not 100% sure of your question, BUT if you're asking why, after creating your new "corn crib" sweeps, you can't control their visibility properties?

I think this may help:
Under Settings>Object Styles find the "Modify Subcategories" area (btm right) and create a NEW subcategory under Walls and call it (eg) "corn crib".

Once this is done you need to go back to your sweep, highlight it, go to it's properties and scroll down to Subcategory and change that to match the name of the NEW one you just created.

Now you'll find that if you go to View Graphics (VG) and look under the Walls category, you'll be able to control your "corn crib" visibility.

....i think.... (LOL) :)

HTH

Adam.

johnf.77896
2006-12-20, 11:08 PM
Adam thanks for the response. Although that might work for a wall sweep added to a wall it doesn't work in my case because the wall was created with the profiles embedded in the wall, not applied to it after the fact. If you have any more thoughts thou I would certainly entertain them.

Thanks
John Fleming
GMK Architecture, inc.
www.gmkarch.com