PDA

View Full Version : roof level

charliep
2006-12-20, 09:39 PM
A nice easy one guys.

Can't seem to get a simple flat roof to create at the level I want. The roof is 18mm ply on 75mm rafter. (won't go into the boring details why). Set a level called 'Roof Level'. In roof properties the Base Level is set at Roof Level with offset of 0.0. When I draw the roof by footprint using lines, the top of the roof is always 258.6 below the Roof Level.

Now I know I can go into a section or elevation and just move the roof up to the level, but I would like to know why it doesn't form on the level I set.

The Sweg
2006-12-21, 12:05 PM
When you are in your sketch mode drawing the roof by footprint, you have the ability to 'set work plane' (which, of course, you select 'roof'), after that, while still in sketch mode, pick the button just under 'set work plane' - 'roof properties'. In this dialogue box, you can set the 'Base Offset From Level' to '0'.

I suspect that it is set to something else.

HTH

charliep
2006-12-21, 05:41 PM
Thanks Sweg. Thats the way I do it, however on this particular drawing I have this anomaly. Just tried it out in another drawing using the same roof structure - no problem. Went back to the original drawing and tried it again from scratch - the problems still there.