PDA

View Full Version : Isolate Site Plan from other plans

beajohn
2006-12-20, 10:08 PM
How do I isolate by site plan (with landscape and pavement) from other plan views? I don't want the palm trees shown in my elevations or I don't want the pavement & screening walls shown in by 3D. But still be able to go to my site plan/sheet to print without having to click on visual button. I have the pavement and landscaping as system family: floor & type grass/sidewalk/parking. I'm using Revit 9.1 version. If anyone can help that would be really great. Thank you!

nnguyen
2006-12-20, 10:26 PM
Do you have worksets? if so, i would put the elements that you want only seen in site plan and not in the other views on a workset of its own so you can control the visibility.

beajohn
2006-12-20, 11:41 PM
I'm sorry, I'm new to this program......How do i put my site plan in worksets? Thank you.

nnguyen
2006-12-21, 01:40 AM
is your file a shared file? meaning are there other people working on the project with you? if so, then you would have a "central" file with worksets enabled. let me know and we can go from there.

beajohn
2007-01-03, 11:09 PM
No, its not a shared file. Does it have to be a shared file to be able to use the worksets?

Scott D Davis
2007-01-03, 11:54 PM
How do I isolate by site plan (with landscape and pavement) from other plan views? I don't want the palm trees shown in my elevations or I don't want the pavement & screening walls shown in by 3D. But still be able to go to my site plan/sheet to print without having to click on visual button. I have the pavement and landscaping as system family: floor & type grass/sidewalk/parking. I'm using Revit 9.1 version. If anyone can help that would be really great. Thank you!
It sounds like you don't need to use worksets for what you are trying to do. Your palm trees can be turned off in elevation views just by turning off the Planting category in View/Visbility.

The stuff you don't want to see in your 3D views can be turned off there, but left on in site plan.

Also, remember that views in Revit are just views of the model. You can make duplicates of the site plan, and one can be set up to show certain things, and the next can show something different, etc. Once you get these set up, you can just go to the one you want to print. You can having "working" views that show everything, and other views that are on sheets to specifically show something else.