PDA

View Full Version : UK - Royal Institute of British Architects CAD Standards?

Paul Munford
2006-12-21, 12:34 PM
Can any one help me track downa copy of the Royal Institute of Britsh Architects CAD Standards? They are heavily reverenced in the AEC (UK) CAD Standard documents. I would like to compare and contrast...

Richard McDonald
2007-01-02, 10:20 AM
Hi Pablo,

Have you tried RIBA's Library service / bookshop?

http://www.architecture.com/go/Architecture/Reference/Library_898.html

If not do you have access to either TIONESTOP or The Barber Index?

Richard

Paul Munford
2007-01-03, 08:38 AM
Hi there,

I have tried the RIBA Book shop.There doesn't seem to be much in electronic versions. I am really just curious to see if I can integrate any part of the RIBA standards into our company standards.I am not ready to commit to buying the books yet!

I may just have to troll down there and have a browse...

Richard McDonald
2007-01-03, 08:53 AM
Hi there,

I have tried the RIBA Book shop.There doesn't seem to be much in electronic versions. I am really just curious to see if I can integrate any part of the RIBA standards into our company standards.I am not ready to commit to buying the books yet!

I may just have to troll down there and have a browse...
I wouldn't have thought RIBA would stray too far away from British Standards.

A few to look at are BS EN ISO 128-21 : 2001
BS EN ISO 13567-2 : 2002
BS 1192-5 : 1998
There are many many more that deal with draughting and not always easy to find in cataloging systems.

Richard

jaberwok
2007-01-03, 01:06 PM
There are many many more that deal with draughting and not always easy to find in cataloging systems.

such as BS 8888:2000 - the replacement for BS 308.

Paul Munford
2007-01-03, 01:44 PM
Thanks very much for your help. Unfortuantly I don't have access to British Standards either... It looks like a trip to the library for me...