PDA

View Full Version : Network Lic. Error

Martin Figlarz
2006-12-21, 03:41 PM
When I am an admin. of a machine Revit loads fine from the network distributed server. But when I am a power user I get the errors below.
Any ideas what's wrong.

WOW ... My 1st post and I have stumped everyone :P

sfraney
2006-12-26, 06:07 AM
Hmmm, anyone have any ideas why this is causing him a problem? Sounds like there should be a simple solution to this, any cad managers incounter this?

bbeck
2006-12-26, 04:49 PM
Are you actually trying to run Revit over a LAN off of a server or having problems with your network deployment .MSI install? If this is a network deployment using a floating license of off the server (ADLM), the install needs to be done under each end users profile. LMTOOLS will report on each machine/login that checks out a license. I believe out IT Manager has each user setup with Administrator rights on their local machine. We've never bothered to push our permissions out as power-user....etc.

Martin Figlarz
2007-01-03, 07:15 PM
Thanks I will reinstall as the user and let you know if that works.

Martin Figlarz
2007-01-03, 09:14 PM
Nope that did not work... I uninstalled Revit and installed it as the user and made him admin. It worked as an admin ... but soon as I made him a power user same error.

Anyone know if there is just something inside the profile that needs to be changed?

Or maybe something in the install?

Martin Figlarz
2007-07-10, 02:57 PM
after playing with this for 2 weeks more ... I got to the bottom of the problem ... when setting up your deployment make sure you don’t check off to get the automatic updates … you need to be an admin. in order to install updates so this feather will not work unless an admin logs in and autocad will not start if you don’t have admin. rights to run auto update/communication center in autocad.