PDA

View Full Version : Component views for details

carlosb.101393
2006-12-21, 04:07 PM
I created a component (custom wood bracket for a kitchen) and I want show the plan, front side and 3D view of the component with more detail information with dimensions, note that the component it is been used in the kitchen several times. But if I do a call out from an elevation I only get that view, and it will bring adjacent information lets say kitchen cabinetry and counter tops which I do not want to see. What are my options to do this?

robert.manna
2006-12-21, 05:25 PM
So you want an isolated view of the component where you can dimension and note it? Similiar to a fabrication drawing from a shop? If so you may try placing the component in a new legend view.

HTH,
-R

carlosb.101393
2006-12-21, 10:52 PM
Thanks!!! It worked, the bad news is that there is not a 3D view, but at least you can use all of the other views.

robert.manna
2006-12-22, 12:06 AM
Thanks!!! It worked, the bad news is that there is not a 3D view, but at least you can use all of the other views.
If you had to you could use visiblity of cagtegories and filters to isolate a 3D view that is cut down to one of the components placed in your model.

-R

ron.sanpedro
2006-12-22, 01:14 AM
If you had to you could use visiblity of cagtegories and filters to isolate a 3D view that is cut down to one of the components placed in your model.

-R
I like this approach because most components need some sort of context to really understand them. At least any component that needs a separate detail. Doing Plan, Section, Elevation and 3D views of a detail is so easy in Revit, and you just control crop and visibility as needed. Pretty slick.

Gordon