PDA

View Full Version : BIG Pimpin Spanish house (in progress)

shsuka15
2006-12-21, 06:59 PM
I'm a student at Santiago High School, and i'm looking for ways to improve my SPANISH house
any suggestions for the interior shot would help thnx

bill0246
2006-12-25, 03:37 AM
Student,

If you want professional input on your design, you should appear professional. Lose the "Big Pimpin" from your description.

Additionally, ask specific questions to the AUGI members. I can see some areas that need attention...study your character more thoroughly...use my hundreds of "product-walk" pictures, books like Red-Tile Style, Santa Barbara Style, and Casa California. Don't forget about the class text A Field Guide to American Houses. Make sure to READ these books too....knowing the lifestyle and history of the character will give you insight into which questions to ask.

Large windows like the one on the right (first floor) would not happen if you studied your character thoroughly. Why do you want a window that big for a view into the garage???
Small punch-out/fixed windows with a subtle wrought iron detail or simple shutter might be a better play there.

Hopefully the professionals have some input on the authenticity of the entry.

Keep those exterior walls very thick to allow for deep recessed windows and doors. Same with major interior walls.

Please keep the exterior elevations black and white.

You have some nice ideas....just needs refinement!

Brian Myers
2006-12-25, 05:36 AM
I just wanted to add a couple words to what Bill has already stated. First, he's correct in saying that "Pimpin" isn't a word that likely you should be using in introducing this project. While its true it has become popular slang that many people realize what it means within the younger age bracket, its not something yet to be adopted by those a bit older and has a much different meaning to them.

Also, while I designed homes for over 7 years, being based in the Midwest this is not a style I've been called upon to design professionally so I can't claim to be an expert on it. But I do have a couple things for you to think about.

1) The upper deck (floor) in the rear of the home... what is it made out of? Also, with solid walls around it how do you envision it will drain? Yes this can be handled, but I'd like you to give some thought as to how it would be dealt with.

2.) What's going on with the rear double doors and where do they lead to?

3.) I can't see the floor plan so these may be justified, but you have a tiny window on the rear, right hand side over a large, arched window on the lower right hand side. Why did you choose these? They may be appropriate design solutions, but I'm curious as to why you chose them besides they looked good?

All in all I'm happy with the direction of your project, but as mentioned earlier this style isn't something I'm an expert in (I'm much stronger in this instance with the construction techniques and function..both critical elements in the design process as well).

BOWWANG2121
2007-01-16, 06:09 PM
HAHAHAHA............ Big Pimpin

oooohhh silly armand

Brian Myers
2007-01-22, 06:21 PM
any suggestions for the interior shot would help thnx

Have you solved your interior shot issue? If not we might be able to give you more advice....