PDA

View Full Version : "Area bounding..."

twiceroadsfool
2006-12-22, 02:33 PM
So, i know when you put a wall up you can specify that its Room Bounding. Im currently using an area plan for an egress calc diagram, and our demise walls shift and are created and deleted often...

Im wondering, certainly i can look area boundaries to walls that are already in the model when i MAKE the plan... But is there some way i can specify that all walls of a certain type are area bounding?

Would certainly make this go faster, because even tho it calcs the numbers for me, aligning the area boundaries is sloooow...

carlosb.101393
2006-12-22, 02:41 PM
yes, just select the walls and go to properties and there is a box called room bounding that you can check.

twiceroadsfool
2006-12-22, 02:42 PM
Understood, thanks... But im looking for an easier way to make the walls AREA bounding, bot room bounding. I apologize if i wasnt clear...

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-12-22, 05:07 PM
You could add a parameter to the wall type and then filter a view so only those walls show up. It won't automatially create the boundaries for you but at least it will making picking them faster.
Another option might be creating special floor types and scheduling those. You could include different color faces and calculated values for different occupancy types the same way you're probably doing it on the area schedule

twiceroadsfool
2006-12-22, 07:09 PM
Thanks, but really im just trying to automate it because literally picking the walls to make the area boundary is what i dont like wasting time on. When you click it takes a second to add in the area boundary, and sometimes they get finicky. I was just wondering if there was a quicker solution, like the room boundary box above...

kpaxton
2006-12-22, 07:16 PM
Understood, thanks... But im looking for an easier way to make the walls AREA bounding, bot room bounding. I apologize if i wasnt clear...Nope - not for AREAS. This is something that is made on the fly by the user. The Area Boundary lines on your Area Plan are created by you. The "Automatic" selection is still by you, but with the generic pre-set 'rules'.

For my workflow.. I actually dislike having the program do anything for this automatically. I prefer to draw my own lines so I know exactly where it's measuring to. I feel that this is actually in my best interest and is worth the small time it takes. My 2 cents. :D

Kyle