PDA

View Full Version : Wall edges not showing up in demo plan

krista.manna
2006-12-22, 02:46 PM
I am having an issue with wall edges showing up on a demo plan. I have a door opening that I am cutting into two adjoining walls. In order to demo the door opening I made that part a seperate wall and demolished in in a new construction phase. Yet for some reason the edges of the wall are not showing up in plan.

Any ideas?

twiceroadsfool
2006-12-22, 02:52 PM
Out of curiousity... Is the wall built in an Existing Phase? If you insert a Door in New Construction, and have a view set to "Show previous and Demo" it should automatically have that section of wall Demo'd for you.

Im thinking the lack of wall ends are because the walls are joining to one another, but its a guess at best.

krista.manna
2006-12-22, 03:00 PM
Yes the walls were build in existing phase. The opening however is not created by placing a door because the new door is actually in a new wall in the new adjacent building. I guessed that it's some sort of issue with how the walls are joining. I just don't know how to solve the problem.

luigi
2006-12-22, 03:26 PM
I am having an issue with wall edges showing up on a demo plan. I have a door opening that I am cutting into two adjoining walls. In order to demo the door opening I made that part a seperate wall and demolished in in a new construction phase. Yet for some reason the edges of the wall are not showing up in plan.

Any ideas?
If I understand you situation correctly, you have 2 choices. Either add lines, or "disjoin" the walls you seperated....when they are disjoined, you will see the line when deleting it....

Let me know if maybe I misunderstood your problem, or if I didn't explain myself well....

twiceroadsfool
2006-12-22, 03:26 PM
Pull the walls away fron one another, so theyre not connected anymore. Then, use Edit Wall Joins, and select the ends of both the existing and the new walls, and set them to Disallow Join. Then butt them back up against one another, and see if that works.

Just something to give a try...

EDIT: I see the problem with my last method... *Openings* take the same phase as the wall.

Although, you could make a door type - Opening, isnt there one OOTB? That should be able to be put in Phase New Construction, and complete the demo for you...

krista.manna
2006-12-22, 03:34 PM
I tried both of your suggestions already & neither of them worked. So I created a "door opening" family & placed it in there. It will show up in the door schedule but seeing as I'm linking this model into another one that's not a big deal. Thanks for your help though.

luigi
2006-12-22, 05:41 PM
Maybe I misunderstood what you are trying to do, but my example works...see attached

I tried both of your suggestions already & neither of them worked. So I created a "door opening" family & placed it in there. It will show up in the door schedule but seeing as I'm linking this model into another one that's not a big deal. Thanks for your help though.

krista.manna
2006-12-22, 06:50 PM
I tried disjoining the walls. Every time I did it would stay that way until I zoomed back in on the join. Very irritating.

twiceroadsfool
2006-12-22, 07:19 PM
I tried disjoining the walls. Every time I did it would stay that way until I zoomed back in on the join. Very irritating.

You dont want to do it with a disjoin. You want to separate them, then disallow the join, then reassemble them. Im very slowly learning that Revit very much cares abuot order of operations, this is one of those cases.

Thanks for posting the pic luigi, thats what mine looks like too... I couldnt grab a screen shot though.

Thats a great trick from AU06:):)