PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't Generate Surfaces for Stairs

lhanyok
2006-12-22, 06:27 PM
So I have one last thing to finish up before I leave for the holidays, and I seem to have hit a roadblock. I have already modelled a stair (the attachment with the stair in dashed lines), and now I am trying to modify it to include a winder (the attachment with the stair sketch). I am getting the error message "couldn't generate surfaces for stair." Any ideas?

kpaxton
2006-12-22, 06:53 PM
So I have one last thing to finish up before I leave for the holidays, and I seem to have hit a roadblock. I have already modelled a stair (the attachment with the stair in dashed lines), and now I am trying to modify it to include a winder (the attachment with the stair sketch). I am getting the error message "couldn't generate surfaces for stair." Any ideas?Yes,
This is a common difficulty with stair creation. What is happening is that you're trying to 'share' one of your boundary lines with two sets of riser defining lines. This causes a Migrane for Revit as it's trying to say -'this line says go up, but this one says down... huh?

You need to make a small (~1/8") separation between two sets of green boundary lines (for the small return side). This should clear up your problem.

Kyle

lhanyok
2006-12-22, 06:59 PM
When I try that, I get the message "stairs require no more than two boundaries."

kpaxton
2006-12-22, 07:35 PM
When I try that, I get the message "stairs require no more than two boundaries."The risers are still 'seeing' the other boundary. While editing, delete the short run's risers and boundaries... and recreate them. :D