PDA

View Full Version : Wall style problem

Renagadex
2006-12-26, 11:03 PM
I am using ADT 2007, and I am trying to create some custom walls. For some reason i can't get the wall to work out correctly. I am trying to get the 4" cmu to extend 12" below the baseline of the wall to set on the brick ledge of my foundation. I can get the right representation of the wall under style manager but when put it in the drawing the cmu doesn't extend past the baseline of the wall like it shows. I am attaching a file with the two wall styles that i am trying to use. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd

dkoch
2006-12-27, 03:09 AM
I am using ADT 2007, and I am trying to create some custom walls. For some reason i can't get the wall to work out correctly. I am trying to get the 4" cmu to extend 12" below the baseline of the wall to set on the brick ledge of my foundation. I can get the right representation of the wall under style manager but when put it in the drawing the cmu doesn't extend past the baseline of the wall like it shows. I am attaching a file with the two wall styles that i am trying to use. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd
In order for a wall to display anything below the baseline, it must have a component that is defined as starting below the baseline [or relative to the wall bottom] - which you had - AND the wall must have its floor line set sufficiently far below the baseline to display the component. in the attached file, I adjusted the floor line of your wall to be 1'-0" below the baseline so that it would display.

You can create a wall tool and set a floor line offset for wall styles that need to have one in the tool's properties. Or, you can set this during wall creation on the Properties palette - it is "F", Floor line offset from baseline, under Basic > Dimensions on the Design tab. After the fact, you can edit the floor line "in place" or use the Roof/floor line worksheet at the very bottom of the Properties palette, under Advanced > Worksheets.

Renagadex
2006-12-27, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the help David. I'm new to working with ADT and it's nice to have a place where you can ask questions and have multiple awnsers to your questions.