PDA

View Full Version : Spot dimensions

Anthony Miguel
2006-12-29, 08:31 AM
Hello
Does anyone know why I can't place spot dimensions on a floor plan where rooms have been created?

aggockel50321
2006-12-29, 11:44 AM
Do you have a floor in your room plan? The spot dimension looks for the floor surface.

Or possibly, you have the floor off in view/visibility

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-12-29, 07:11 PM
Also, if you are in wireframe mode you won't be able to place a spot dimension in the middle of a floor.

ron.sanpedro
2006-12-30, 12:35 AM
And in a related note (and sorry to pirate the thread!), what are people doing for spot elevations on commercial roofs where you don't model the slopes of the roof insulation, you just draw lines? Do you create a dumb tag with text you just change, or do you put in a little bit of roof for the tag to reference, or do you actually have a viable way to do a commercial flat roof with sloped insulation for drainage?

Thanks,
Gordon

mibzim
2006-12-30, 02:45 AM
Do you create a dumb tag with text you just change, or do you put in a little bit of roof for the tag to reference, or do you actually have a viable way to do a commercial flat roof with sloped insulation for drainage?

Gordon

You're talking about noting very small falls, which is difficult to do in revit. I have resorted to dumb tags for these levels because it is so difficult and time consuming to actually model to that sort of accuracy in order to use the spot elevation tool. Also, the spot elevation tool doesn't like being placed in the middle of a ramp or sloped floor (i think - i cant check that now tho).

Sometimes i have used the terrain tool and placed points at four corners to get the slope i need if its important.... then set the site fill to be high above your site. This just means the topo doesnt hatch everywhere else if you can live with it.

aggockel50321
2006-12-30, 12:24 PM
And in a related note (and sorry to pirate the thread!), what are people doing for spot elevations on commercial roofs where you don't model the slopes of the roof insulation, you just draw lines?
One method you can try is once the flat roof is created, do an in-place family of void blends to cut the roof & create the roof drain sumps. As long as there's a piece of flat roof at each edge, it'll tag correctly with a spot elevation.