PDA

View Full Version : Project Browser, sheeted views

ron.sanpedro
2006-12-29, 06:30 PM
Is there any mechanism to sort or display the Project browser based on what views have been added to sheets and what have not? We have many hundreds of views, especially detail drafting views, and it would be nice to somehow see what has been placed on a sheet and what hasn't. The Project Architect on one job is about to do a bunch of Print Screens of the project Browser and manually verify what has been sheeted. I have to believe there is a better way ;)

Thanks,
Gordon

Scott D Davis
2006-12-29, 06:58 PM
Yes, you can make browser filters for organization to show "on sheet" or "not on sheet".

Click on the top level of the Project Browser where it says Views. It may also have (all) after it. pull down the Type Selector and see if On Sheet is already an option. Not On Sheets is already an option when using the Default.RTE Revit template. If On Sheets is not an option, go to the properties button and make a new Type. Its fairly easy to figure out, so check back here if you can't get it.

jtobin.68416
2006-12-29, 06:59 PM
At AU 2006 this year, Mario Guttman of HOK mentioned that they use ALL CAPS for views that are on sheets and Normal Text for views that are not part of sheets to warn others not to mess with views that are on sheets.

It's a simple mechanism that I think works well, but it's not an 'automatic' check.

ron.sanpedro
2006-12-30, 12:49 AM
At AU 2006 this year, Mario Guttman of HOK mentioned that they use ALL CAPS for views that are on sheets and Normal Text for views that are not part of sheets to warn others not to mess with views that are on sheets.

It's a simple mechanism that I think works well, but it's not an 'automatic' check.

I think Mario's approach was to use all caps for those views that are intended for sheets. I think combining that with Scott's info is perfect, now you know what views are intended for sheets and need to be left alone, and you also know what views that are intended for sheets are not yet there, so you can add them. For that matter, you might also find some views that where not supposed to be sheeted that where by mistake.

Thanks all,
Gordon