PDA

View Full Version : Getting Visibility States to work in a Single door Dynamic Block

KGC
2006-12-30, 04:57 PM
Ok,so i have been working on/off with this door, and i really need to get it done, but i cant seem to get everything to work out. Some vis state will work some wont. And it seems like no matter how much time i put in to this, i cant get everything to work.

Example: insert block, change width, then rotate. Then change jamb size. Or something along those lines. DOEST IT WORK???

It seems as if there is too much going on, and it cant do it.

If someone can please help me out.

Thanks

Chris.N
2006-12-30, 11:34 PM
Ok,so i have been working on/off with this door, and i really need to get it done, but i cant seem to get everything to work out. Some vis state will work some wont. And it seems like no matter how much time i put in to this, i cant get everything to work.

Example: insert block, change width, then rotate. Then change jamb size. Or something along those lines. DOEST IT WORK???

It seems as if there is too much going on, and it cant do it.

If someone can please help me out.

Thanksfirst off, why the 2 rotate actions with the rotate parameter? you only need one, and you should only use one rotate action when you only have one rotate parameter. my guess is that you found it missing when switching vis states and instead of making the existing one visible, added another one.

second, have you thought of using alignment parameters instead of the rotate one for door placement? you can have one in the middle of the door opening, and at each jamb (mine are offset 3" for framing). the reason i do this is: (a) prior to placing the door block, i can toggle between the 3 using the 'Ctrl' key making them act like multiple insertion (base) points, and (b) they align themselves with the wall face i place it on, and all i have to do is fix the jamb depth and door width after placement. (c) the alignments affect the block as a whole and one doesn't have to worry about "rotation coordination" issues that you are experiencing.

third, have you checked out the "DB sharing" thread list of blocks that a bunch have submitted? there's a link to it in my sig line.

fourth, if you're new to DB's, my DB class is starting up tuesday! (another link available in my sig line!) ;)

KGC
2007-01-02, 02:40 PM
i am signed up for the class.

I guess the second rotate is an oversight, and i have not though about the aligning, that is something that i will play with today and tomorrow. And yes i have gone through the shared blocks, although it has been some time, i dont quite remember seeing a block that can do everything that i wanted it to do. I started with one that i found here and have adjusted/added it to my likings.

.chad
2007-01-02, 03:40 PM
first off, why the 2 rotate actions with the rotate parameter? you only need one, and you should only use one rotate action when you only have one rotate parameter. my guess is that you found it missing when switching vis states and instead of making the existing one visible, added another one.
easiest way to avoid that is select your action, right click, and select object visibility -> show for all states.