PDA

View Full Version : Angular parameters!!!

winnwgomez
2007-01-02, 12:04 PM
Could someone please help me with this blend issue? i want to model a blend ( mass ) with parameters to control the angle of twist to the upper profile wrt to the base.
Could someone also please tell me the best practices with angular parameters?

Thanks a lot...

Winn

JamesVan
2007-01-02, 10:42 PM
Before you get started with the angular parameters, make sure you understand how to make a blend that can twist at the top. Before making the blend, create a reference line in an elevation plane - this will allow the top of the blend to be angled. Then, assign an angular dimension to the reference line.

winnwgomez
2007-01-03, 04:56 AM
Dear James
thanks for the reply..but i think i might have posted something different from what i acutally needed.. i wanted to control the angle of the twist of the top of the blend in the plan view itself.
Could you please tell me how to do that?
But i didnt know you could control the angle of the blend top from the elevation.. yipee. let me try it out..

Thanks again..

Elmo
2007-01-03, 08:49 AM
You need to lock your profile to a reference line. The reference line is what will control it so you would need to put and angular dimension to the reference line. If you still not sure how to do this I'll create a quick example for you to disassemble.

winnwgomez
2007-01-03, 09:43 AM
thanks Elmo!!
I'll just try and see how its done.. er.. could you please have a small example uploaded so that i could look at it? i've been trying the same since new years eve!!

thanks again

Winn

Elmo
2007-01-03, 11:18 AM
Here you go. It is a rather simple but you'll get the idea. It's a generic family.

winnwgomez
2007-01-04, 05:22 AM
Thanks Elmo..Got It... it works well..

Elmo
2007-01-04, 06:15 AM
Glad I could have helped.