PDA

View Full Version : 4.0/E - Parametric Diagonal Horizontal Bracing - O

dlevesque
2007-01-02, 12:48 PM
Revit and parametric diagonal Horizontal Bracing on a level

Observation:

Need an efficient and reliable way to make the diagonal horizontal bracing parametric. The horizontal bracing is placed diagonally on a level throughout a perpendicular beam system. (Such as WT7x11 place -0'-6" in offset from T.O.S.) I drew a custom beam system, specified angle, and locked it down. However to achieve an alternating diagonal system you have to create three separate systems.
1- the perpendicular system
2- the diagonal system (top left to bottom right)
3- the diagonal system (top right to bottom left) which is a mirror of the first diagonal system.

Results:
In order to achieve alternating pattern you must delete "pinned" objects", but upon revision of system all previously deleted items will reappear.
Also keep in mind that the layout of these systems as far as "fix number" or "fix distance" can be tricky because the diagonal beam endpoints have to be maintained at the perpendicular beam endpoints. Also because of this complexity I am not quite sure if this will get transported to the analytical software correctly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer from: Steve Stafford
RE: Revit and diagonal Horizontal Bracing on a level

Sorry Dan I don't believe there is a prescribed way to layout the bracing as you wish. Sounds like a new hosted "bracing system" is needed to layout the relationships? Are you running analysis with your approach, does it work if so?

My Wish:
Please enhance the Revit Structure product to accommodate (make parametric) this common type of structural bracing.

Thank you,
Dan L