PDA

View Full Version : Wall Reveal Problem

BomberAIA
2004-06-29, 09:34 PM
I am trying to move a wall and I get an error message....Could not create Reveal. Failed to cut wall. I tried to erase the wall reveal, but I get the same message. Does anyone know what's going on?

beegee
2004-06-29, 09:56 PM
Try copy/move then erase the original. The try erasing the reveal if its not neededd in the new location.

Otherwise, you may have to erase the wall and rebuild it in the new location.

Sounds like a constraint exists for the reveal.

BomberAIA
2004-06-29, 11:05 PM
I tried to erease it, move it and I got that message. I even tried to leave it and align the upper floor to it. That didn't work.

BomberAIA
2004-06-29, 11:06 PM
I even tried to erease the reveal.

adegnan
2004-06-30, 02:43 AM
Look at the error message. "Expand" the error and look at what objects it is naming as the error. Look for a constraint that relates the two and release the constraint. Otherwise try to delete those objects-both at the same time- and see if it works.

Otherwise you may need to send it to support for them to delete it. It hasn't happened to me for a year or two now but I have run into this problem once.

BomberAIA
2004-06-30, 11:20 AM
Thanks. I will try it this morning. What's wierd is that I can't even detach the wall from another wall. My client wanted to cut footage out of the units. I was going along in WD's at a record speed. This always happens. I'm glad I'm in revit instead of ADT.