PDA

View Full Version : visibility

lila
2007-01-03, 06:46 PM
i cannot view section marks on any plan except the floor plan. meaning, the roof plan, framing plan, etc. does not show where sections are taken. i have everything turned on in the visibility graphics and don't know how else to make them show up. any ideas?

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-01-03, 06:58 PM
Go to the view where the sections are visible and check the hide at scales coarser than parameter. Also be sure that the views are not set to Structural for discipline.
The final check is to be sure that the crop region for the section views does extend as high as the roof and other plans

lila
2007-01-03, 09:09 PM
i know how to check that the view is set to 'architectural' for discipline but i can't find how to check the 'hide at scales coarser than' parameter. also, perhaps i don't understand but shouldn't the crop region for the section view extend as high as the roof if we are to see the roof?

Henry D
2007-01-03, 09:37 PM
The red arrow shows where the "hide at scales coarser than" setting is.
(my arrow is a little off it's right below the arrow head)

If the crop region for the section doesn't extend to a level, the section marker wont show up in the plan of that level.

Hope that helps.

lila
2007-01-03, 09:47 PM
yes, i found it right before getting your reply. thank you! :)

dbaldacchino
2007-01-04, 05:30 AM
Your view range can cause section/elevation tags to disappear. Make sure to check your View Range Settings: the Bottom plane in your Primary Range has to intersect the extents (crop region) of your section/elevation in order to show up in that view.