PDA

View Full Version : Groups & Phases

JSM_HOME
2007-01-04, 06:02 PM
I' am using REVIT 9.0 and we are doing a hotel renovation. I have my unit plans grouped which are maded up of a mixture of new and existing walls that I need to use repeatedly. Everytime I insert the group all of the walls come in as new construction. Is there anyway to insert it so that the phase properties stay as they are in the original. I have read the other post and have not been able to duplicate their results.

Justin Marchiel
2007-01-04, 06:08 PM
I have had the same experience as you, but with worksets. i have origianlly created a group that contained items with different work sets, and once grouped and reinserted, only the current workset is adopted. I think this is one of the other limitations of groups.

hopefully someone can chime in and give some good direction.

Justin

jcoe
2007-01-04, 06:25 PM
When objects are copied, they take on the phase properties of the current view. For example, If you are in a view that is phased to new construction and copy an existing wall, that wall now becomes part of the new construction phase.

I have not experienced this with worksets, but I do believe the same principle will hold true. The copied objects will take on the properties of the active workset.

When grouping, I try to keep it to objects that are all on the same phase. I also try to keep grouping as simple as possible and limited to objects within a space such as casework and furniture for these typically have little impact on the overall model. I think that grouping objects like walls, floors, ceilings, etc., lends itself to potential conflicts down the road.