PDA

View Full Version : Autocad site to revit

richelleharp
2007-01-04, 06:42 PM
I am attaching this file to ask advice on the most logical way to proceed with this. I would like to use this drawing and have had a little difficulty communicating exactly what I need to my civil contact at the engineering firm. We are designing a home built of I.C.F. 11".
With a walk out basement and second garage below.
This is my Brother-In Laws home. He is a wonderful guy so naturally I would love to wow the Fam with a beautiful set of CDs and possibly a few renderings.

Steve_Stafford
2007-01-04, 07:24 PM
The contours are AEC Proxy Objects so you'll need to explode them first. Then import center to center. After that you can acquire the coordinate system of the dwg file via Tools > Shared Coordinates > Acquire Coordinates > Select the dwg.

Now, don't model the house in the site project file since the contours are nearly a mile high. Build the house in a separate file and then link the house into the site, move it up to the desired elevation in a section view and position it on the site as needed. Then publish the coordinates to the building file.

See how far this gets you :smile: You can refer to this article (http://revitoped.blogspot.com/2006/06/true-elevation-and-position.html).

richelleharp
2007-01-05, 12:56 AM
The contours are AEC Proxy Objects so you'll need to explode them first. Then import center to center. After that you can acquire the coordinate system of the dwg file via Tools > Shared Coordinates > Acquire Coordinates > Select the dwg.

Now, don't model the house in the site project file since the contours are nearly a mile high. Build the house in a separate file and then link the house into the site, move it up to the desired elevation in a section view and position it on the site as needed. Then publish the coordinates to the building file.

See how far this gets you :smile: You can refer to this article (http://revitoped.blogspot.com/2006/06/true-elevation-and-position.html).

Thanks so much you lead in the right direction!

And Mile High is right the altitude there is great. Thanks too for the advice on keeping the house and site in different files.