PDA

View Full Version : revisions

lila
2007-01-04, 06:44 PM
how do i add the delta with number inside after i've created a revision cloud? also how do i add it to the sheets and date it?

williamkurtrose
2007-01-04, 07:00 PM
You create a revision by going to the settings menu, revision's, then filling out the revision table to whatever your revision is for. You also need to determine whether your revision's are meant to be project wide or by sheet. I choose project wide myself. But this is where you will assign and track your revisions. Then, on a sheet or in a view, you will create your cloud and finish sketch, which it sounds like you already have that down. When in sketch, or after finish, click on the properties of that cloud and you are able to pick from a list of revisions that you defined under the revision settings. The cloud actually knows what revision it is referencing. This would obviously be useful if you had more than one revision. Take note that if you have checked the 'issued' check box for a revision in the revision settings, that revision will not be available in this list. As far as the delta symbol and number goes, use the tag by category tool located on the drafting tab. Hover over the cloud, and the loaded revision tag will attach to the cloud and there you have it. You can also control the visibility settings of a single revision from the revisions settings. You'll see it.

To get the revision schedule on or in your titleblock, you actually do this inside your title block family. When in your family, create a revision schedule from the view menu I believe. choose new, then revision schedule. You are able to manipulate it just like a regular schedule in Revit, filters, parameter names etc. Place this where you would like it to go on your title sheet, format it the way you like and save your family. Now, when this title block is loaded into your project, and a view with a revision in it or a revision placed on the sheet itself, this revision and the information you filled out under the revisions settings will populate the revision schedule you have within that titleblock family.

Hope that was clear enough and helps you out.

Josh

lila
2007-01-04, 08:33 PM
thanks so much:)

lila
2007-01-04, 09:01 PM
i was able to create the revision symbol and have it appear on my title block. the problem is that if i have multiple revisions on one sheet, it repeats the revision in the title block. how can i get it to only list once on the title block even though there are multiple revision clouds on a sheet?

dbaldacchino
2007-01-04, 09:20 PM
Settings-> Revisions-> under Numbering Method, select "By Project".

lila
2007-01-04, 09:28 PM
it's set to project but is still listing all the revisions on that sheet as a direct result of the revisions, even though they are all revision 1.

dbaldacchino
2007-01-05, 12:34 AM
Ahhh, sorry my bad....you have to fix the revision schedule. Go to your titleblock and find the revision schedule in the project browser. Go to it's properties, and under the Sorting/Grouping tab, you probably have the "Itemize every instance" option checked....go ahead and uncheck it. Reload your titleblock in your project and you should be good to go.

lila
2007-01-05, 12:41 AM
thank you, you're awesome :)