PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Changing a Level

jcoe
2007-01-04, 08:18 PM
I am trying to change the height of one of my levels and I keep getting the message, "There is a circular chain of references among the highlighted elements". When I select "show" in the dialog box if opens a series of views, but nothing is highlighted. When I expand the message, it lists a series of stacked walls, but because I cannot graphically see them on the screen, I am unable to troubleshoot the problem.

These error message boxes are so darn ambiguous and cryptic, I do not know how anyone can make sense of them.

If someone has had this problem in the past and managed to figure it out, I would appreciate any words of wisdom you might have.

Thank You.
(image attached)

jcoe
2007-01-04, 08:33 PM
Alright, I found the walls. Now the issue is I cannot do anything with them. I cannot modify their end grips, I cannot modify their properties, and I cannot delete them. I cannot even switch them out with another wall type. I keep getting the same circular reference error message. AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!

lev.lipkin
2007-01-05, 02:49 PM
Please contact Support. If your model is relatively small (a few megs, which is unlikely) please post it here. Thanks and sorry for troubles.

jcoe
2007-01-09, 01:56 AM
I am not sure if this was the root of the problem, but it seemed to fix it.. What I did when I started the project was create a couple of stacked wall types. There was a condition where these two walls met, so I joined the geometry of the walls. When I unjoined the geometry, I was able to change my level height and all was good with the world once again.

jamie.casile80054
2007-01-16, 09:08 PM
hey, this worked for me too. i was using stacked walls and all i wanted to do was add a door. i got the circular references message as well! unjoin geometry - no error message.
thanks!
jamie