PDA

View Full Version : revit lineowrks and line weights

clog boy
2007-01-05, 02:55 PM
This question concerns Revit lineworks and line weights.

Right now I'm creating a block overview of connected houses, using a linked file. That means one house will be directly next to the other.
All houses that have a neighbour share an intersection wall, which means I had to draw 50% of the wall thickness (both sides) and put a grid line next to it. When linking the houses to the linked file, it will look 'just right' when I use lineworks to convert the outer wall line to an invisible line (in the linked file).

This, however, doesn't work for the elevation views. I can linework as much as I want, but the elevation view in the linked file shows a line inbetween each house (while in reality you're supposed to see just one long wall and not ten put next to each other). Does anyone know how to solve this?
It is possible to select wether hostfile view properties or linked file view properties are applied, and one can even select what view should apply for a certain floorplan. This option is greyed out for elevation views.

For the record: I have to create 13 block views, with a grand total of 91 houses (three different types for inbetween, left and right of block, I'm lucky today).

Slightly related: what's the easiest way to manage line weights? This also includes lines embedded in families and cut- and surface patterns. During this pilot project I'm creating a template, so it's very important all settings are sufficiently accurate. We have very strict office standards.

Any help might take hours off my workload. Thanks in advance.
Have a nice weekend.

Steve_Stafford
2007-01-05, 03:04 PM
Would it be acceptable to you to use a filled region line based detail component "mask" the offending line in the composite view.

clog boy
2007-01-08, 08:13 AM
We tried masking it with a white line, but intersecting lines (such as the roof gutter) get affected too.

stuntmonkee
2007-01-10, 12:00 AM
What Steve means is to use a Filled Region, not a line. Basically a digital band-aid.

Say you have a gyp board wall that has a mysterious line showing up in elevation, and no matter how many times you click that line to be "Invisible" with the line work tool, it still shows.

From there break out the Filled region tool. Make the pattern of the region "opaque" and match the surface pattern match your gyp (or what ever material you are patching), and then modify the lines that when you create the region, they mimic the object you are drawing over. . . .or if its just in an open area, use invisible lines around it, and it will "cover up" the line in that elevation.

I could post a RVT file for example if you need.

J