PDA

View Full Version : my never ending stair saga

gmak
2004-06-30, 08:42 AM
I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure this one out. The attached file has an existing stair that I'm trying to draw. As you'll see it has a winder with an inner radius. My problems are:

1. If you display a stringer on the inner face of the stair (side with radius), it does not made a continuous curve, but breaks and changes depth. How can I add a proper stringer?

2. I cannot make this stair have a smooth underside. In fact, I can't get a a monolithic stair at all. From a construction point of view, the stair wouldn't be monolithic anyway, but I can't see how else to get a smooth underside. I have a feeling I need to create some sort of in-place family (which I've tried), but I can get the 3-d sweep (there's one for the wishlist) below the winders. Can anyone guide me through making a smooth surface for this stair?

I think I must have looked at every possible thread on the forum and even looked at the Autodesk tips page on stairs. None of which have gotten me any closer.

Help please....

Thanks

Paul P.
2004-06-30, 10:06 AM
gmak, you might have this already, but if not it might help.

Regard's, Paul.

PeterJ
2004-06-30, 11:32 AM
This (http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/download.php?id=781&sid=04b4dc6aaad1caa8f892ad7f3ea114c4) may help you form the smooth underside as an inplace family....