PDA

View Full Version : Exporting to A.CAD with materials...

sleimgruber06
2007-01-06, 12:29 AM
Hey,

I am exporting a model guest room from Revit into AutoCAD. The guest room has materials and patterns through the model, on furniture, walls, lighting fixtures, floors, etc... Is there anyway to export this into AutoCAD with those materials to avoid more extensive CAD work...

TIA,

sbrown
2007-01-06, 04:14 PM
Are you saying the hatch patterns arent' exporting. They should automatically. Send me the file on monday and I'll check it out.

sleimgruber06
2007-01-08, 07:30 PM
Are you saying the hatch patterns arent' exporting. They should automatically. Send me the file on monday and I'll check it out.
No when we export the file from Revit to AutoCAD, lets say for example instead of having the bed a red color like material assigned to it in revit, AutoCAD assigns the color according to 'furniture.' So we are getting different colors on all components in the model... does this clear up any confusion?

dbaldacchino
2007-01-08, 08:28 PM
What's Autocad? :)

Are you talking about rendering materials or the resulting dwg layer color and linetype assignments?

sleimgruber06
2007-01-08, 11:03 PM
What's Autocad? :)

Are you talking about rendering materials or the resulting dwg layer color and linetype assignments?
Just the resulting layer and linetypes... for example, it turns all my furniture a teal color, which is bad..

dbaldacchino
2007-01-08, 11:19 PM
Have you edited the export settings? File->Import/Export Settings->Export Layers DWG/DXF. Then map your subcategories to the layer name you want and assign a color ID. I believe that in most cases, the linetype will be according to what was in Revit (there's no way to override it in the export settings). To see the resulting linetypes, I think you have to make sure your ltscale in Autocad is set to something like half your intended view scale. Ex: for a 1/8" drawing (scaled 96 times) your ltscale needs to be 48.