PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Story Railings

Arnel Aguel
2007-01-08, 09:04 AM
I'm doing a monolithic multi-level stairs and I want the return of railings (2) in every level to be the same as that of the intermediate landing (1). How should I go about it? Extending the railing sketch to have the return doesn't solve it.

greg.mcdowell
2007-01-08, 01:41 PM
You "can't" get it to do what you want... or rather you "can" but the solution is almost as bad as the problem. I don't have the file with me although I think I posted a similar question a few months back (maybe longer) here that should have my file attached. Essentially you create the stair and railing with different start and end points so the railing can wrap around as you're wanting. The problem was that you still end up with something screwy at either the top or bottom. I think it'll be better if you model this bit of rail separately and then copy it up to the other floors... possibly making it a group first.

Arnel Aguel
2007-01-09, 02:39 AM
Here in the philippines this is the most common railing condition that we have for multi-story buildings but unfortunately it's kinda difficult or maybe not possible to do in Revit.

I wish something could be done on this issue in the future.:(

Arnel Aguel
2007-01-09, 04:56 AM
I'm very happy because I managed to get it to work though manual manipulation but at least it gets my job done. :):beer::):beer: