PDA

View Full Version : Roof will not join.

Wagurto
2004-06-30, 12:56 PM
I don't understand why this roof won't joint please help me and explain to me what is happening. I am desperatly trying to do my firts real project in revit and it is pain full.
See image an rvt. file attached

aaronrumple
2004-06-30, 01:24 PM
The problem is that the two angled sections would never hit the sloped section. In fact niether would the front face of the bay. They all come together at a peak and then have a ridge at the top. The command is working properly. Unfortunatly, you still have to be an architect with Revit. I simply extended the base of the roof back with two 45 degree lines from the intersection of the two roofs - just like the 'ol days.....

Arnel Aguel
2004-06-30, 02:24 PM
Hi Aaron your roof looks good in 3D but has some problem in the east or west elevation it doesnt meet up with the main roof.

I'll see what i can do if we use slope arrow instead.

adegnan
2004-06-30, 02:58 PM
Draw the roof with eaves going back perpendicular to the main roof extending into the main roof. Join the two roofs together so that valleys appear. Then in plan view pick a reference plane on that valley, edit the roof sketch, and put the roof lines over the valley reference plane.

aaronrumple
2004-06-30, 02:59 PM
My bad... I didn't look at the other views. The bay is so wide the top almost intersects at the height of the gable. If it were a full octagon it would be wider than the wing it is attached to. This makes it a little more difficult.