PDA

View Full Version : I need to move the whole #&*% thing!

rellsworth
2007-01-08, 10:04 PM
Hello All, here's my issue: my PM's have just decided, halfway through contact documents, that we are going to use relative instead of actual elevations for our floor levels. As far as I know, the only way to make, say, Level 1 display at 0'-0" instead of 133'-0" is to actually move it to 0'-0". But this is a big, multistory building with many views of many kinds already created, and moving the entire thing down seems to send it into complete turmoil. Any suggests, or even good ideas to just fake it? I've tried the following:

*Locking all level lines together in an elevation view and hoping everything moved relative to it.
*Selecting all and moving it.
*Moving each level line independently.

All these methods eventually led to the same thing: unjoining elements, deleting views, unconnected walls, etc.

Again, any thoughts??? Thanks-

Ryan

Justin Marchiel
2007-01-08, 10:19 PM
i dont know that it would work, but could you link it into a new project, relocate, and publish the coordinates? You would have to change the elevation lines to read a geo height, but it might work.

This appoarch could lead to problems with display and printing down the road.

Justin

LRaiz
2007-01-08, 10:27 PM
In any elevation view pick a level and press properties. Then click Edit/New to modify type properties. Set Elevation base to Project as opposed to Shared.

stuntmonkee
2007-01-10, 12:10 AM
You also have the "Relocate" tool, but Raiz's idea will let you switch it back again if need be. . . .I would test out both just to become familiar with.

rellsworth
2007-01-10, 02:38 PM
Thanks all- Raiz's suggestion worked perfectly. I wasn't aware of that option. And like Stuntmonkey points out, i can toggle between absolute and relative elevations. Fantastic!