PDA

View Full Version : Wall attatched to gable end only sees one slop

Andre Baros
2007-01-09, 04:09 PM
I have a nice simple building with gable ends all over the place and walls attached to those roofs to clean up... but after I edited the roof today, the gable end walls changed their behavior... now they only join to the slope on one side of the roof and poke out of the roof on the other side. Since the roofs and walls are symmetrical, I can't figure out what changed.

Any known issues? BTW taking the fascia sweep off doesn't change anything.

patricks
2007-01-09, 05:49 PM
I've had that problem before, but I can't remember if I ever figured out what caused it. I think I ended up splitting the wall into 2 pieces, directly under the roof peak, so that each piece would independently join to a single sloping side of the roof.

Andre Baros
2007-01-09, 06:10 PM
It seams to only be a problem if I have the gable wall as a different wall than the wall below, so I'm attaching a very short wall which ends up with very tiny vertical dimensions below the slope. If I attach a taller wall, it works fine.

kpaxton
2007-01-09, 10:33 PM
Andre,
Actually I get this condition from time to time also. The reason for this is that the endpoint (little blue dot) of the wall is "just off" from the plane of the roof when extended, resulting in a bad triangle. Remember that Revit doesn't like math involving zeros, and when the wall is extended, that is the result it gets. Even if it looks like it would work, the math may be just off, so it continues the wall up past the roof - as in your examples.

I've found that either pulling the wall back a bit, then joining it will work; then grab the grip and move it/nudge it back to where it needs to go. Also, like you mentioned, making a second wall on top of the lower wall for this extention works too. You could also have a square wall and edit its profile, locking the lines to the underside of the roof profile.

Kyle