PDA

View Full Version : Copying Text?

bill.92885
2007-01-09, 04:58 PM
My firm does a lot of production housing and uses a lot of the same notes from one model to another. My problem is this, I've yet been unable to copy and paste the notes I need from one project to another and have to repeatedly type the notes. Is there a way around this?

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-01-09, 05:09 PM
Try grouping the notes and svaing them out of the project. You can then load the notes into other projects. Once loaded you can them move them around as required.
You can also think about saving different sets of notes for different drawing types ie site plan, floor plan, building section, wall section, detail plan, etc

jcoe
2007-01-09, 05:15 PM
If the notes are in a legend view, you can group the notes together (be sure to give them an appropriate name). Then go to File>Save to Library>Save Group. In the dialog box, select the "Group to Save" pull down and find the group you just created. Select the directory you want to place the group in.

When starting a new project and you want to load the group, go to File>Load from Library>Load Group. Navigate to the directory you saved your group into and load it into the project.

You will need to create a new legend view (be sure the scale of the new legend view equals the one you originally created the notes in or you will get some funny results). Drag the group from your project browser into the new legend view and you are done. You will need to ungroup or edit the group if you need to modify the notes.

The process sounds complicated, but actually quite simple when you get the hang of it. If you use these notes as often as you suggest, you may want ot make them part of your template file.

bill.92885
2007-01-09, 06:28 PM
That's just what I was looking for. Thanks.