PDA

View Full Version : color fills with stairs

bowlingbrad
2007-01-09, 09:07 PM
Can't seem to get the stairs from GROUND FLOOR to NOT show up in our color fills for LEVEL 2. Tried the overlay plans approach and still can't get the stairs below to NOT show up. Any help appreciated.

bowlingbrad
2007-01-09, 09:20 PM
I can use worksets, but that isn't what worksets were designed for!

kpaxton
2007-01-09, 10:45 PM
Normally the stairs would be occluded by the floor slabs. Due to the nature of color fills - they turn OFF all floor slabs (remember the nice little warning message when you first turn this function on??) Have you tried a Plan Region that looks "beyond" the stair? Other than that... you could turn off the stair, but you probably want to show those, don't you?

Kyle

sonya
2007-01-10, 12:56 AM
another way is to use 2 views, one on top of the other
the order in which they go on the sheet is important (as revit "draws" them in the order they are placed)

there are a couple of ways of doing it (and probably more)
it depends on the stage of the job you are at and how tagging/etc will be affected by having things in different views. If you are using room fill then the floors & any related hatching needs to be in a different view

1a) one way has the colour fill by itself in a view
1b) the view with the walls/floors/stairs etc is "wireframe" and placed on top of it

2a) the colour fill has all the walls with it (with the floor and stair turned off)
2b) the floor & stair (wireframe) are in another view and placed on top of it.

crispin.schurr
2007-01-10, 01:14 AM
We have just encouterred the same issue.
Seem to have gotten around it by cropping the view range very tightly.

Try (all with respect to current level)
- Top 1700
- Cut 1400
- Bottom 1300

-Depth 200

This makes the stair below completely hidden (can't be seen in elevation), and completes room colouring correctly for us.

C

bowlingbrad
2007-01-10, 01:34 PM
Sonya,
Wireframe doesn't work because the stair below is still visible.

crispin,
The view range doesn't work either. See the image below.

I'm going to probably cheat and use worksets.

bowlingbrad
2007-01-10, 01:36 PM
crispin,

I moved the entire view range up and everything worked! THANKS!!!