PDA

View Full Version : Underlay Reflected Ceiling Printing

carlosb.101393
2007-01-09, 10:04 PM
I'm working on electrical plan, I have my ceiling grid shown as a underlay reflected ceiling plan, on the electrical plan to show the grid and the light fixtures on it, but when I preview or print the sheet of this view, my grid does not show on the preview or the print. This is the first time I can see something that does not print in revit, but the problem is that I need to print what I see on my view!!! any ideas why?

I have no filters
Everything is checked on visibility to show for ceilings
I played with view range
I tried to change pens
I even changed phases
I just change the view model graphics from hiden to wireframe and it printed the grid but also printed thousands of lines I do not want.

The attached file is revit 9.1

barathd
2007-01-09, 10:11 PM
Carlos:

I had similar problems - contacted support. They say reflected ceiling plan underlays where not intended to print. They have logged a request to have them print. When ... if ... ???? - don't know.

Regards

Dick Barath

carlosb.101393
2007-01-09, 10:18 PM
Well, one more work around that I need to figure....

Thanks!!!

eddy.lermytte
2007-01-09, 10:23 PM
Carlos

give "raster processing" a try

ron.sanpedro
2007-01-09, 10:38 PM
Well, one more work around that I need to figure....

Thanks!!!

Try using the Linework tool on your RCP lines. They will then show up even after you uncheck underlay. Maybe not as good as just leaving the RCP there, but it may get you past the next deadline.

Best,
Gordon

dbaldacchino
2007-01-10, 04:39 AM
Or consider compositing two views on a sheet if you really have to.

SCShell
2007-01-10, 01:08 PM
Hey there,
Why not think backwards. Duplicate your RCP plan, add your lights and use a Floor Plan as your underlay. It works fine. The only advise I would add is to not have either view set to shaded with edges. (Know PDF printing issue).
Good Luck
Steve

carlosb.101393
2007-01-10, 02:42 PM
Thank you all for your great ideas.I worked on the RCP and I added the floor plan as underlay.

stephen.clark.white923473
2014-07-23, 09:31 PM
The other option that sometimes works is to put your plan in wireframe and print (raster processing in this scenario seems to help as well)