PDA

View Full Version : wall above ramp

Cheuk Ling
2007-01-10, 01:49 PM
Is it possible to cut away the wall beneath a ramp ?
for straight wall, it can be done easily by edit profile.
But just can't do for circular wall.
Any ideas ?

Joef
2007-01-10, 02:27 PM
If you draw a reference plane paralell to the ramp you can attach the bottom of the curved wall to it.

Joe

Cheuk Ling
2007-01-10, 02:56 PM
Joef, thanks for your prompt reply.
However, that part of ramp is circular and sloping , so it's not possible
for me to draw a ref plane at the slab soffit.

Ling

Joef
2007-01-10, 03:39 PM
If the ramp is at a constant angle, the reference plane only needs to be at the same angle and at the level of the ramp. It doesn't need to follow the curvature of the ramp in plan.
Perhaps I am mistaken about this... I'll try it myself and see what results.

Joe

Joef
2007-01-11, 02:32 AM
I tried using a reference plane drawn just where the curved section of ramp occurs and if you aren't too fussy, it sort of works. Perhaps someone could suggest a more precise solution.

Joe

dbaldacchino
2007-01-11, 04:02 AM
I guess since the shape described is really a spiral, a ref plane wouldn't be the perfect solution. How about looking at this in elevation and create an in-place void of the wall category? Draw the profile to match the ramp...you should be able to get it close enough and cut the bottom of the wall with it.

Joef
2007-01-11, 04:12 AM
If your wall is to be a continuous height (which I can see yours is not), you could use a railing made up of a single rail (shaped like a wall) and no balusters.

Joe

Arnel Aguel
2007-01-11, 04:14 AM
Try doing it using Beegee's method (http://revit-alize.blogspot.com/) I guess it will work just find.

Cheuk Ling
2007-01-11, 01:16 PM
All the above responses provide very useful tips , thanks for all.
I just tried another workaround :-
I used sloping slab (structural ) rather than ramp slab (architectural),
and I found that the wall can be attached to the base of the slab very easily.