PDA

View Full Version : Door Types and Schedules

mcuevas
2004-06-30, 10:36 PM
I'm trying to create door families that share the type mark parameter, is that possible? I've attached the way we show door types in our firm. The problem is every time I create a new door type, it assigns a new value to the type parameter. Even though all that changed was the width or height of the door. How is everyone else doing their schedules with revit? Any help would be appreciated thanks.

beegee
2004-06-30, 10:48 PM
Revit assigns Type Marks by default to unique door sizes. Many places work on this method, but you can over-ride the type mark to be anything you wish and just ignore Revit's warning that there are duplicate Type Marks in the project.

mcuevas
2004-06-30, 10:52 PM
Thank you, I wasn't sure if that warning could be ignored.

jbalding48677
2004-06-30, 11:14 PM
Miguel -

You could also create a new parameter, maybe "Elevation Type" and give it a letter and use that. Be sure and use the Shared Parameter function and when you share the parameter in the project check the type radio button. Swing by if you need to I have one here in experimental stage.

- JB

aaronrumple
2004-07-01, 01:33 PM
Or use the family name. This takes a bit more planning, but gives you more automated coordination. Copy the doors you'll be using to a project folder. Rename the families Type A, Type B etc... Then you can use this name as the "Type" column after they are loaded into the project. (I'm in the process of doing that now for a project.)

The alternate I'm working on is to develop a series of door panel familes and separate door frame familes. Then I'll link these parameters to the main family parameters using a shared "style" parameter.

With all that said. I do wish we had the ability to add to the Family Parameters (Settings->Family Category and Parameters) It would really add considerably to scheduling flexibility.