PDA

View Full Version : Exit BEDIT with saving, everything in Modelspace is gone

rkmcswain
2007-01-12, 05:16 PM
Anyone else ever go into ._BEDIT, work on a dynamic block, save the block definition, exit the block editor and find that everything in model space is gone?

Chris.N
2007-01-12, 05:47 PM
Anyone else ever go into ._BEDIT, work on a dynamic block, save the block definition, exit the block editor and find that everything in model space is gone?yes, if i'm working in a large drawing, i sometimes get that illusion. if i do a 'zoom extents', i see everything again. i don't know why my view zooms in on the drawings base sometimes when exiting BEDIT.
(ver 2006)

rkmcswain
2007-01-12, 06:42 PM
yes, if i'm working in a large drawing, i sometimes get that illusion. if i do a 'zoom extents', i see everything again. i don't know why my view zooms in on the drawings base sometimes when exiting BEDIT.
(ver 2006)

Close, but I'm talking about gone, as in no longer there.

Now in this last instance, the only thing in MS were other block defs.

I'll have to repeat my test with some regular entities in MS and see if they survive the trip....

.chad
2007-01-12, 07:07 PM
you tried just doing a regen?

ive run across some odd occurances of items disapearing lately, about half the time a regen will clear up the problems. the other times - im clueless.

rkmcswain
2007-01-12, 07:58 PM
you tried just doing a regen?

Yes.

Then I did a ._QSAVE and reopened the drawing. Still nothing. Of course, I didn't overwrite my original drawing.... but what if you are not paying close attention.... Could be a mess..

.chad
2007-01-12, 08:07 PM
Yes.

Then I did a ._QSAVE and reopened the drawing. Still nothing. Of course, I didn't overwrite my original drawing.... but what if you are not paying close attention.... Could be a mess..are you able to post the drawing?

Rico
2007-01-15, 04:29 AM
Yes.

Then I did a ._QSAVE and reopened the drawing. Still nothing. Of course, I didn't overwrite my original drawing.... but what if you are not paying close attention.... Could be a mess..I believe you, Rick. I've had it happen too. Sometimes, closing and re-opening a drawing works (including saving) other times, reinserting (or deleting anything in MS then purging and re-inserting) will also work.

If none of those work, then it could also be AutoCAD gnomes. I've had what happened to you happen to me. I've also had happen where a dynamic block is no longer dynamic. at all.

What version are you running? 06 or 07?

no, Xrefs or proxy objects either, right?

jimmytadams
2007-01-24, 06:48 PM
I have a file on which I can recreate this every time. It is a block of lobby area (I have a consultant that has never heard of an xref) with nested elevator blocks. I want to explode the nested elevators. If go into the block editor and just explode one elevator and then save and close the block, everything in the file is gone. However, if I leave the elevator alone and just edit everything else, it is fine.

jnoble
2008-06-18, 08:24 PM
I've had something similar happening in ACAD 2009. If I open a block in block editor (not edit block in place) I can still see all my standard tool bars plus a block editing one that has the "close block editor". If I forget I'm in block editor and accidently hit the save icon (QSAVE) it takes awhile and my block disappears then if I hit "close block editor" and yes to save changes to the block, ACAD crashes.

I had everything disappear before too, but I think what I did then was hit QSAVE and then zoom extents in the editor still I could see all the items from the main drawing and when I exited the editor everything was gone... (even after closing and re-opening)