PDA

View Full Version : Export text to Acad

mcoffey02
2007-01-12, 08:54 PM
Is there any way to get text in Revit to export to specific styles in Acad? To match client standards, I need the text to export to a text style other than standard. Does anyone know of any way to do this?

Thanks for the help

Matt

Anthony.d
2007-01-12, 10:02 PM
I have tried everything I know, and had no success. I lost a lot of money on my last project because of it. Ended up picking every piece of text in AutoCad individually and changed the properties.

mcoffey02
2007-01-12, 10:05 PM
That's what I figured and it's exactly what I was afraid of. It works with dimensions just not text.

Thanks for your reply.

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-01-12, 10:44 PM
When you export text to ACAD Revit will assign a height according to the Revit style so if you're handy with LISP you should be able to write a pretty simple routine to create a selection set based on text height and then have the result changed to a specific style. It won't be automatic but it beats selecting text one instance at a time.
Not being a LISP pro (and being seriously rusty as far as ACAD goes) that's all I can suggest.
You might try posting the request on the ACAD forums and I'm sure someone will be willing to help you out with more specifics. Keep us posted

mcoffey02
2007-01-15, 02:27 PM
With some of my client standards that will work. With others it won't. They use the same height and font for different styles. For example they'll have one called dimensions and one called notes that are exactly the same in every way except that one is dimension text and one is note text. A lot of times they do things like this just to make sure you are following their standard.

Thanks for your help.

Matt

DaveP
2007-01-15, 04:22 PM
This is kind of old AC AD, too, but there used to be a LISP routine in the old (ACAD2002) Express Tools called SSX. With it you can select everything that's on a specific text Style/ Then you could change their Properties.

There was another Express tool that would Isolate a Layer that might make your selection easier, too.

mcoffey02
2007-01-15, 04:29 PM
SSX is still available. The problem isn't changing the styles to something else the problem is that they all come in as the same style. They are all standard. I need to have the dimensions as one style and the general notes as another. Using SSX would select all of the text in the drawing since they are all the same style, standard. I just don't think there is any way to do this aside from manually selecting the text I need to change and changing it myself.

Thanks for the help

Matt

dhurtubise
2007-01-15, 04:36 PM
Use the Qselect in AutoCAD to pick the right elements

mcoffey02
2007-01-15, 04:46 PM
QSelect is the same as SSX. It's going to select all of the text. Even if I filter it by style it's going to select it all because it's all text style Standard. I need a way in Revit to make the text export to different styles in ACAD.