PDA

View Full Version : Doors through floors

beegee
2003-06-24, 01:17 AM
I'm using the " Aus Sliding Robe Doors " family in a project ( gotta support those aussie families ! ) This is a standard family shipped with the Metric library ( I think )

As you can see from the attached, the bottom channel of the doors appears on the level below. The cut plane doesnt cut it. I've checked the settings ( sill height/ floor level etc ) and see no reason for this to happen.

I've opened the family and aligned / locked the bottom of the door panels to the bottom reference plane. I've checked to see if symbolic lines are floating below the model.

Nothing I've tried will fix it. Anyone have an idea ?

beegee

overcaffeined1745
2003-06-24, 06:37 AM
I'm also using the metric library, but I think I don't have that family. Maybe it's an international extension...

And... are you sure it's the bottom channel? Maybe it's the upper channel if that element has the "When Cut in Plan/RPC" visibility setting on. I know the door is not cut with your view plane, but... the first thing I'd try is to disable the "When Cut in Plan/RPC" option for the bottom and upper channels.

If that fails... you could try a more radical option: Disable the channel in Plan/RPC from the family editor (I know you need to see it in the upper floor, so this is not a proper solution... I'm just trying to guess the source of the problem rather than a good solution).

beegee
2003-06-24, 09:57 PM
I'm also using the metric library, but I think I don't have that family. Maybe it's an international extension...

And... are you sure it's the bottom channel? Maybe it's the upper channel if that element has the "When Cut in Plan/RPC" visibility setting on. I know the door is not cut with your view plane, but... the first thing I'd try is to disable the "When Cut in Plan/RPC" option for the bottom and upper channels.

If that fails... you could try a more radical option: Disable the channel in Plan/RPC from the family editor (I know you need to see it in the upper floor, so this is not a proper solution... I'm just trying to guess the source of the problem rather than a good solution).

Thanks,

I got it to work by actually disabling the plan view setting, but leaving the " when cut in plan view " visability option selected. The plan stills shows OK at the correct level.

The family is in the extensions for Australia. ... Feel very special having Revit give us our very own families 8)

beegee