PDA

View Full Version : How to turn off elevaton text?

Dave Lewis
2007-01-13, 05:13 PM
I want dimensions between the levels instead.
How can I turn off the elevation text?

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-01-13, 05:40 PM
Can't do it without turning off the line and the target for the level datum.
The simplest workaround is to edit the level datum symbol and delete the parameters for level name and elevation. I'd suggest creating two type so you can swap them when you need to print, or for presentation elevations, but still have them for editing and navigation while you work

msmith.tsap
2007-01-13, 06:47 PM
How do we edit the family? It is a system family so do not know how to get to it. Any help appreciated.

Marc TSAP

dbaldacchino
2007-01-13, 07:10 PM
Select your level, go to properties and click Edit/New. Under the Graphics category, you'll have a Symbol field, the value of which is the name of an Annotation Family and type. This is what you'll need to modify to change the way your level annotation looks. Find that family in your Project Browser under the Annotation Symbols category of your families and edit it. I would keep a copy of the original as suggested in the above post. The easiest way is to edit your existing family, save it somewhere under a new name and load it back into your project. Now go back and change your Symbol by editing the system family (properties->edit/new)

Dave Lewis
2007-01-13, 07:58 PM
Sweet that does the trick

Typically in autocad in elevation I put a level line at the floor and ceiling and then put a dimension between the 2 showing 8'-1"
I do one for both floors with no dimension between the first and second floors so that I can figure that out later. Should I add another level representing the ceilings or just put in a drafting line?