PDA

View Full Version : Schedule Sorting

chris.macko125036
2007-01-15, 10:47 PM
Is there any way to add a sorting parameter to schedules? I have one set up for my views now to keep track of everything and I would like to do something similar to my schedules because it looks like I will need to be generating some area information very soon(3 or 4 per floor) without them getting out of control.

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-01-16, 12:49 AM
Are you talking about sorting in the browser or the schedule itself?
You can add project parameters to customize your browser.
Check out this post by Wes
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=35295&highlight=browser

chris.macko125036
2007-01-16, 03:46 PM
I am just talking about in the browser to keep them organized. I already have some view sort parameters setup for my views, but schedules the schedules behave differently, and I did not see any way to add project parameters to schedules like you would for views. I'm going to have egress, FAR, and rentable area schedules for at least 25 floor plans in a 50 story building so I could be looking at 100 individual schedules here in a week or 2. Maybe a better question is if there is a way to show different categories of the same schedule on different sheets. anyone have any ideas?

chris.macko125036
2007-01-17, 03:52 PM
nobody knows if this is possible?

Steve_Stafford
2007-01-17, 04:36 PM
No. Sorry schedules are outside the scope of the Browser Organization tools at this time.
No. A schedule is a single "question" asked of the "database", several questions require several schedules :smile:

cphubb
2007-01-17, 06:53 PM
Chris,

There is no parameter that can be assigned to a schedule. I did a couple of tests and also discovered that Revit is not aware of schedules that are on sheets. the browser organization appears to jump over the schedule folder.

We often will run many schedules in our projects (< 100) and we organize them by name.

Our Schedule name is the following

Type - Level - Short Namer

Types are DS WK QA which are Display Work and Quality Assurance.

Level is the level expressed as 1st 2nd BS1 BS2 etc.

Name is the description Door, Egress, Walls Furn

Revit will sort by the letters in front which sort of groups by type. Then by level and then by Name.

I would suggest this be a wish list item, though it will be too late for r10.