PDA

View Full Version : "Ghost Boundaries" in Area Plans

Rols
2007-01-16, 02:42 PM
Here's one for the Revit knowledge base.

I had a user working on an area plan. She had her boundaries all drawn just fine, but when she tried to place her area, it snaped to some invisible boundaries. The area boundary category was turned on, because I could see one set of boundaries, but somehow there was another set of boundaries that I couldn't see or select.
Finally, while looking at the properties of a boundary line, I noticed that there was a workset. I checked the visibility settings for worksets and sure enough, there was a workset turned off in the area plan view and when I turned it on, there was the second set of boundaries!

david.metcalf
2007-01-16, 09:04 PM
Bugs me why elements in Revit being off are still selectable...... Heck I bust have had the Autcad switch on in my head!

fitzgerald91
2008-07-07, 08:39 PM
************************************I had a user working on an area plan. She had her boundaries all drawn just fine, but when she tried to place her area, it snaped to some invisible boundaries. The area boundary category was turned on, because I could see one set of boundaries, but somehow there was another set of boundaries that I couldn't see or select.

We have a similar situation, but cannot modify the area plan. We have an area plan in model lines, but an underlying area plan on a Grids workset appears. Not sure how the underlying plan got there. The color (and area) adhere to the underlying plan on the grids workset, but cannot be modified. All worksets are visible and can be made editable.

We recently upgraded our Revit (2009.0.0). On two other rvt files also in 2009.0.0, this isn't a problem.

Erasing and redrawing areas has not helped either. Any ideas? Is this a glitch in Revit?