PDA

View Full Version : split section and callouts

Justin Marchiel
2007-01-16, 07:18 PM
I did not realize it before, but when creating a building section and using the split segment tool, you can't create a callout from area of the split. you can create a callout that references another view.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Justin

Steve_Stafford
2007-01-16, 07:53 PM
Which view are you referring to? That is which one can't you create the callout?

Justin Marchiel
2007-01-16, 08:06 PM
I cant create a new view. i can only reference one that has already been created. and the other funny part is that i can't create a new one on 1 side of the split, but can on the other side of the split.

Justin

Justin Marchiel
2007-02-07, 04:26 PM
to add a litte more to this, if you split the section line in elevation (or in another section) you can not add any callout references at all.

I have a section that is close to the grid line and instead of jogging the grid, i jogged the section (using the split section). because of the limitation on callouts in a split section, i ended up making the section straight (no split) and jogging the grid. seems like the wrong way to do it, but that if this is the only way to do it, then i will play by the rules.

Justin

tonyisenhoff
2007-05-07, 03:15 PM
We did the same thing and didn't realize the problem it caused till later. All our callouts on this section were deleted along with some detail components. This is a problem...

Same in RAC 08.